[SR-Users] KAMAILIO RTP PROXY

Phillman25 Kyriacou phillman25 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:19:54 CEST 2011

Hi

I want to use Kamailio to handle both signalling and media always.
My scenario is the following PSTN==>KAMAILIO==>ASTERISK. I have a dialplan
that points to ASTERISK when a call comes into Kamailio. Signalling is fine,
however i cant seem to get the Media to work, i have installed the RTPPROXY
as suggested by RTPPROXY module and have implemented it into the routing
logic, however i have one way audio. The PSTN side cannot hear anything.

I dont use the Kamailio for sip registrations or for users behind NAT. I
just use a simple dialplan for forwarding SIP messages to our certain VOIP
carriers, however some of our carriers request that we use both signalling
and media from the same IP thats why i need to implement this scenario.
Is this possible?

Thanking you in advance for your help!
Phillip