[SR-Users] Kamailio + rtpproxy talking to multiple carrier gateways

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Sep 6 03:44:40 CEST 2011

On 09/05/2011 08:07 PM, Sarat C. Vemuri wrote:

> How do I remove the "public IP" entry from the route set before
> forwarding the reply to Internal UAC?

You don't -- at least, not in a protocol-compliant way.  You can, of
course, do remove_hf("Route"); if you want to, but with effects that are
ultimately rather undesirable, I think.

One strategy I've used for dealing with this in the past, nasty as it
is, is to:

1. Create a loopback interface on the proxy with the address of its
public IP.

2. Set static routes for that public IP from all the "internal" servers
on the private LAN pointing to the proxy.

3. Bind Kamailio to that loopback interface only, enable IP forwarding,
and define the "real" interface addresses as alias=es.

4. DNAT all incoming traffic on the "real" interfaces, in the PREROUTING
table, to have the destination IP of the public IP of the proxy (the
loopback interface).

Works for rtpproxy too, but of course, relies on ugly NAT and limits you
to what the conntrack facility can reasonably handle.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC