[SR-Users] Memory Leak on DB Errors?

Mon Oct 31 18:18:18 CET 2011

On 31.10.2011 17:28, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 10/31/11 7:56 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Hi Daniel!
>>
>> The "out of memory" happened again. This time they were able to dump
>> the memory statistics before restarting the server.
>>
>> There are almost no allocations from other modules, but lot of
>> allocations from usrloc and snmpstats:
>>
>> # grep 'd from usrloc' syslog_core_dump|wc -l
>> 138083
>> # grep 'd from snmpstats' syslog_core_dump|wc -l
>> 2837533
>>
> is this command catching freed chunks as well?

The log of
   sercmd cfg.set_now_int core mem_dump_shm <pid>
shows only "alloc'd" messages, no "free'd" messages. Thus I guess that
the report only dumps current allocated chunks, not the previously
allocated and freed ones.

If my assumption is correct, the above values are correct too. And
considering reREGISTER intervals the above values seem related to
registrations.

regards
Klaus