[SR-Users] Dispatcher Confusion (v3.2.0)

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 17:52:55 CEST 2011

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the clarrification,

On 25/10/2011 16:30, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

>       4.6.  |ds_mark_dst("s")|
>
> Mark the last used address from destination set as inactive
> ("i"/"I"/"0"), active ("a"/"A"/"1") or probing ("p"/"P"/"2"). With
> this function, an automatic detection of failed gateways can be
> implemented. When an address is marked as inactive or probing, it will
> be ignored by 'ds_select_dst' and 'ds_select_domain'.

Above is the part that is a little misleading, it says that

"When an address is marked as inactive or probing, it will be ignored by
'ds_select_dst' and 'ds_select_domain'."

This, to me, means that if a gateway is in probing mode (Active-Probing)
then it wont be selected in the destination set because it is in probing
mode, if this is not the case then maybe the above line should read:

"When an address is marked as inactive or inactive-probing, it will be
ignored by 'ds_select_dst' and 'ds_select_domain'."

This brings me to my next question then, how would I set the state of a
destination to Inactive-Probing (state: IP) from the routing script. The
ds_mark_dst() function only allows one of "a", "i", "p".

If I do a ds_mark_dst("i"), then the state changes to "IX", Inactive
with no probing to tell when gateway is back up.

If I do a ds_mark_dst("i") and then right after ds_mark_dst("p"), a log
is printed saying that you cannot put a destination into probing state
when it is marked as inactive.

Is it possible to set the state of a gateway to inactive-probing from
the routing script?

Thanks