[SR-Users] OPENSER MIB

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:36:12 CEST 2011

Hello,

just to conclude this thread, for archiving and future searches, the
upcoming 3.2.0 (planned for tomorrow), exports via snmpstats the counter
with all processed dialogs. Therefore, making the difference against
failed dialogs counter will result in the total number of answered calls.

On 3/22/11 5:54 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 3/15/11 1:22 PM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
>> Have no chance at all to help with the patch.
> ok :-) . late reply -- I was several days off.
>> Will the patch be added to release 3.1.1 release?
>
> . It is very unlikely to backport new features in stable branches,
> however, when the patch will be done for devel branch should work also
> on 3.1.x since there were no other changes in devel vs 3.1.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
>> /Stefan

>> *Cc:* Stefan Tiedje
>> *Subject:* Re: [SR-Users] OPENSER MIB
>>

>> On 3/14/11 12:33 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

>>> I used Kamailio and recommend using it sine it has the latest
>>> commits for stability.
>>  ... ^^^ ... obviously this was incomplete phrase, it meant to be: "I
>> used Kamailio 3.1.2 and recommend using it since it has the latest
>> commits for stability".
>>
>> I can add also that I got more familiar in configuring it with
>> snmpstats on debian/ubuntu, so it would be easier for me to give
>> hints as well as add new features since it is the same as devel version.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>

>>> However, what I wrote before is pretty much not related to the
>>> version. There is a counter that tracks the processed dialogs, but
>>> seems it is not exported by default through snmpstats module. The
>>> statistics counter is named "processed_dialogs", implemented by
>>> dialog module.
>>>
>>> You can dump all internal statistics through kamctl or via xmlrpc
>>> command, but probably to export it through snmpstats you may need to
>>> extend the mibs and the code of the module.
>>>
>>> I just grepped the sources of snmpstats module to see what dialog
>>> statistics it is exporting:
>>>
>>> $ grep -n _dialogs modules_k/snmpstats/* | grep get_statistic
>>> modules_k/snmpstats/alarm_checks.c:83:    num_dialogs =
>>> get_statistic("active_dialogs");
>>> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:404:    int result =
>>> get_statistic("active_dialogs");
>>> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:424:
>>> get_statistic("active_dialogs") -
>>> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:425:
>>> get_statistic("early_dialogs");
>>> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:443:    int result =
>>> get_statistic("early_dialogs");
>>> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:459:    int result =
>>> get_statistic("failed_dialogs");
>>> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:508:    int num_dialogs =

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat