[SR-Users] Can't create a new account with kamctl

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Thu Oct 13 01:53:54 CEST 2011

Hey,

Am 13.10.2011 um 00:00 schrieb Peter Schrock:
> I have finally got to the section of the install section "10. Ready to
> Rock". Unfortunately, I did get the error message "ERROR: domain
> unknown: use usernames with domain or set default domain in
> SIP_DOMAIN". I did the two steps that the instructions gave and cannot
> find ".kamctlrc" to "add SIP_DOMAIN=mysipserver.com"

.kamctlrc is the configuration file to kamctl. It may be located in any of the following places to be considered:

/etc/kamailio/kamctlrc
/usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamctlrc
~/.kamctlrc

(note that the last location requires a dot in front of the filename)

Just create the file in any of the locations (or multiple if you like -- they are read in sequence) and add the required SIP_DOMAIN parameter.

HTH,

--Timo