[SR-Users] limiting concurrent calls with dialog module

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Oct 10 19:53:14 CEST 2011

Not only that, but the fix is not trivial.  Contrary to how it may appear to a non-developer, this problem cannot be solved by just making a little patch.

Stateless replies have that name for a reason; they lack state.  They don't trigger any TM callbacks that the dialog module can latch onto.  So, figuring out how to remove a dialog to which a stateless final failure reply has been sent is actually quite difficult, and requires significant architectural changes.

--
This message was painstakingly thumbed out on my mobile, so apologies for brevity, errors, and general sloppiness.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
260 Peachtree Street NW
Suite 2200