[SR-Users] no more pkg mem on ul_dump

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:44:40 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 10/6/11 2:24 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> On 06.10.2011 13:04, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> On 10/6/11 10:52 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Kamailio 1.3.4: "kamctl ul monitor" causes:
>>>
>>> ERROR: <core> [attr.c:80]: no more pkg mem (21)
>>> ERROR: mi_fifo [fifo_fnc.c:513]: command (ul_dump) processing failed
>>>
>>> There are ~ 2000 entries in location table. Default PKG size is used.
>>>
>>> I remember there were some similar reports recently, but couldn't find
>>> the relevant threads.
>>>
>>> Any hints for the cause of this problem and workarounds?
>> you can turn on usage of system memory manager for MI, see
>> lib/kmi/Makefile
>>
>> Maybe we should make it default. With the size of the config files
>> today, is not much left for other pkg operations, specially dumping
>> content via MI.
>
> What exactly causes the problem: the dump operation, MI or FIFO?
>
> Nowadays there are many other interface choices (RPC over FIFO, Unix
> ....). Is it possible to execute the commands (ul_dump ...) via other
> interface bypassing the MI_FIFO limitations?
by design, the MI API build an internal tree with the output, then
writes it to fifo, udp socket, etc... so it is not related to fifo, but
how mi stuff works internally. RPC works a bit different, by writing to
a buffer, whose size can be controlled in case of ctl module which
provides the transport layers such as fifo, udp or tcp sockets.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat