[SR-Users] Memory Leak on DB Errors?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:07:50 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 10/5/11 11:18 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> On 04.10.2011 14:03, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 10/4/11 12:27 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>> Meanwhile the server was restarted and the DB problems were fixed. As
>>> it is a production server I can not reproduce anymore.
>>
>> So, once it started it didn't recovered, continued always with that
>> error? How much of shm did you configure?
>>
>> You can try to attach from time to time to one process (can be even the
>> main one to avoid blocking a sip worker) and walk through the shm
>> allocated chunks, in order to see if there are some unexpected
>> repetitions of allocation from same place in sources.
>>
>> I posted the gdb script for walking through pkg at some point, the
>> difference will be to start from the head of shm list (i.e., starting
>> with shm_block->first_frag instead of mem_block->first_frag):
>>
>> http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:memory#walking_through_pkg_with_gdb
>>

> Hi Daniel!
>
> After reading this wiki page I came to the conclusion that for further
> debugging I have to recompile Kamailio (using DBG_QM_MALLOC memory
> manager instead of F_MALLOC). With the default memory manager it is
> not possible to debug the problem. Is it correct?
in 3.1 malloc debug was left on (with the goal of catching buffer
overflows quickly after several years of development of no using this
flag in production), so unless you switched if off, you should get the
reports. you can check in the output of kamailio -V

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat