[SR-Users] alphabetic indexes for module parameters, functions, ...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:04:01 CEST 2011

Hello,

for the last versions the alphabetic indexes were not generated - there
were different people doing that in the past, using various self-written
tools. For upcoming version, 3.2.0, I spend some time to structure the
docbook files for modules in order to be easier to get from them the
names for functions, parameters and mi commands.

Therefore, the new wiki system has fresh generated indexes from modules'
documentations. You can find them at:

   * http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/alphaindexes:3.2.x:modparameters
   * http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/alphaindexes:3.2.x:modfunctions
   * http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/alphaindexes:3.2.x:micommands

Being generated from docbook xml files, the indexes contain name, path
to the module in source tree and module name, the last one with link to
html readme file of the module published to kamailio.org site. There is
no link at the moment pointing inside the html readmes to the place
where the item is documented, but each readme has table of content, so
it is easy to spot it.

We have lots lots of modules right now, therefore it was not easy to
check if some parameters, functions or mi commands were not indexed. If
you find some missing, please write back here so we can fix the dockbook
or the indexing tool, depending where the problem is.

Hope the indexes will be helpful for many of you.

Ending the email with another invitation to all of you to port (update
to upcoming v3.2.0) your favorite tutorial from old wiki system
(http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/) and add to the new wiki
(http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/).

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat