[SR-Users] undefined symbol: dprint_crit

Ämin Baumeler zebla at zitune.ch
Mon Nov 28 19:55:02 CET 2011

Hi everybody

I cross compiled kamailio for ARM. However, when I try to start kamailio on the ARM machine, it tells me that there are a lot of undefined symbols. E.g. libkcore.so does not find the symbol dprint_crit. Having a look at libkcore.so:
$ nm -C -D lib/kcore/libkcore.so|grep dprint
         U dprint_crit

All deployed .so files do not contain dprint_crit. However I found dprint_crit in an object file, that was used for compilation. Namely in dprint.o:
$ nm -C  dprint.o |grep print
00000000 B dprint_crit

I used following commands to cross compile kamailio:
export GCC_ARM_HOME=/opt/arm-2009q1/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/
export TOOL_PREFIX=/opt/arm-2009q1/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi
export CXX=$TOOL_PREFIX-g++
export AR=$TOOL_PREFIX-ar
export RANLIB=$TOOL_PREFIX-ranlib
export CC=$TOOL_PREFIX-gcc
export LD=$TOOL_PREFIX-ld
export ARM_TARGET_LIB=/opt/arm-2009q1/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc
make proper
make cfg FLAVOUR=kamailio PREFIX=/root/kamailio/local include_modules="auth auth_db db_text registrar" ARCH=arm TARGET=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
make all && make install

Thanks
Amin