[SR-Users] FW: db_mysql -> unhandled data type column

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 08:44:07 CET 2011

On 11/22/11 11:54 AM, Stephen Dodge (Bistech) wrote:

> Thanks Daniel,  I just needed to cast the NULL before returning  it
> from my MySQL function.
>
> cast(NULL as unsigned integer)

ok, good hint. I guess MYSQL_TYPE_NULL is returned as type for such
cases -- I assume the type is not a valid one to define columns, but
used for returned values from functions and procedures, also probably
for views with columns defined null always.

It may be an option to map internally in db_mysql module the
MYSQL_TYPE_NULL to integer type -- the value should have the null flag
set as well.