[SR-Users] LCR weight parameter

Fabian Borot fborot at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 14:49:21 CET 2011

thank you Juha, I understand the purpose and that is how I intend to use it, [more weights for gws with more capacity]

but I guess I should have rephrase my question as: what is the purpose of the "randomized" weight value then? when you randomize it then the weight parameter becomes useless.

example:
3 gws inside same group, and assuming the higher the weight the higher the capacity

 gw 1 with weight 20
 gw 2 with weight 30
 gw 3 with weight 60

I would like to send more calls to gw 3, then gw 2 then gw 1
but if when I do a load_gws, and I randomize the weight (meaning I get a random value out of the possible 20, 30 and 60, then pick the gw with that random value, for example rand() returns 20, then I really obtain gw 2) then there is no guarantee that the order would be like I want it.

At least that is how I understand the "randomize" factor on this logic,  do I get it wrong? If so please advise.

txs a lot