[SR-Users] Limiting simultaneous calls

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:06:56 CET 2011

o Mino Haluz on 11/21/2011 11:53 AM:
> 1) Is this method per user?
> 2) Another thing is, what happens if the BYE is not received (network
> issue or whatever), will the dialog expire on the kamailio side so the
> dialog count could me decremented? I mean, if the user has just 1
> voice channel, he could not make a call anymore, that's why it should
> be reliable..
if it's acceptable for you to use an external B2BUA, you could send
the calls through SEMS' sbc, activating session timers there and using
parallel calls cc_pcalls to limit.

e.g.
sems.conf:
  load_plugins=sbc;session_timer

sbc.conf:
  profiles=limit_calls_sst
  active_profile=limit_calls_sst

limit_calls_sst.sbcprofile.conf:
  call_control=parallel_calls
  parallel_calls_module=cc_pcalls
  parallel_calls_uuid=$fU
  parallel_calls_max_calls=1
  # enable session timers - will refresh
  # even if endpoint doesnt support it
  enable_session_timer=yes
  # refresh every minute
  session_expires=120

or, if you want to control it through some header:
limit_calls_sst.sbcprofile.conf:
  call_control=parallel_calls
  parallel_calls_module=cc_pcalls
  parallel_calls_uuid=$H(P-Parallel-Calls-User)
  parallel_calls_max_calls=$H(P-Parallel-Calls-Max-Calls)
  header_filter=blacklist
  header_list=P-Parallel-Calls-User,P-Parallel-Calls-Max-Calls

hth
Stefan