[SR-Users] mtree on db Berkeley DB?

Javier Gallart jgallartm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:55:09 CET 2011

Hi Daniel

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:03 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 11/16/11 12:45 PM, Javier Gallart wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> All the data in Redis stays in memory, you can dump periodic snapshots to
>> disk. Some time ago they worked in a feature called disktore, with some
>> cache mechanism between disk and memory, but as far as I know that line was
>> abandoned.
>>

> so if the redis goes down, then the records are lost or is doing dump of
> memory to disk at that time? I try to figure out if redis makes more sense
> than using one kamailio as a load balancer in front of two kamailios having
> the mtree in memory. The two with mtree will be restarted one after the
> other every 15 min. Load balancer can be configured to use only one, with
> quick fallback (100ms) to the second, or via kamctl the active kamailio
> with mtree is set to be used first.
>
> That's pretty much our current configuration; instead of having  a
kamailio as load-balancer we are using our own softswitch that sends the
calls to 2 kamailio with mtree in memory. If there is a problem with one of
them, the call is quickly rerouted to the backup kamailio. We're happy with
that configuration; but as the tree keeps growing the time needed for
populating the db + reloading the tree increases (about 4-5 minutes
currently, not really under pressure yet...). That's why we were thinking
about a full in-memory solution. At this point we're going to focus our
tests with this setup:
-1 redis Master server for writing, with frequent snapshots
-2 redis Slave servers
-2 kamailios, each of them reading from a slave redis stored in a shared
variable for quick update via rpc
-If redis_cmd returns an error, kamailio will respond with a 503 Status so
that the softswitch will send the invite to the backup kamailio

Of course this will make sense only if we're able to implement a mt_match
equivalent in redis that gives an acceptable performance...

Regards

Javi