[SR-Users] CANCEL is not forwarded, if callee does not respond

Fri Nov 4 14:42:34 CET 2011

This behavior is standard conform. The proxy must not forward the CANCEL
as it has not received a response to the INVITE yet. Further, the INVITE
transaction will be terminated only after the outgoing INVITE is
terminated, e.g. by the 408 timeout.

Usually you do not want to wait 30 seconds for the timeout to happen. I
for example limit it to 5 seconds using fr_timer:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/modules/tm.html#fr_timer

There are lots of other paramters to tweak tm module, e.g.:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/modules/tm.html#cancel_b_method

But the default settings are usually fine.

regards
Klaus