[SR-Users] Kamailio as SBC / LB Media-Servers farm

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 08:51:21 CET 2011

Thanks Alex for actually finding the thread for me- I'm reading these
thoroughly and let me try these.

Klaus, mhome=1 is a good tip let me try it now: The problem is that when
I set-up the scenario as I mentioned using Private IPs the end user starts
sending the media to the private IP of asterisk (which is of-course not
found anywhere near UAC) - The Asterisk Server on the other hand sends
media to the Public IP of the Client(fixed by the NAT route and RTPproxy
route automatically.)

What I've figured out theoretically is that i need to do the NAT address
fixation in on-reply route from Asterisk servers. By fixing the c= header
in Kamailio for the 200OK back to the client will make the Client software
send media to the Kamailio/RTPproxy port and not on some private IP.

I hope I made some sense in what I wrote, do let me know if
any clarification is required.

I'm just this one step away from publishing the setup on blog
to benefit the community so any help from experts will be much much
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sammy