[SR-Users] app_python module

Muhammad Nasir Bhutta mbhutta at btlnet.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 17:25:18 CET 2011

Hi,
I have successfully installed the app_python module for the default example of handler.py ..

Now, I need to see the output of handler.py,.. I have following questions:

1-      What is the output of this module ? does it prints the specific message information extracted from SIP message ?

2-      How to write modparam and python_exec in configuration file ?  I have tried to write modparam("app_python", "mod_init") but, it gives error and says to use mod_register function instead and I don't know more about mod_register function.

3-      I have also tried to use python_exec("child_init", 2) , The Kamailio starts successfully.. When, I connect a soft client to Kamailio, then nothing happens ? How to see the output of handler.py script .

Any help in this regards shall be really appreciated ..

With thanks.

Kind Regards,
Nasir