[SR-Users] kamailio debian package bug report : 3.1.3+lenny2

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Tue May 31 18:43:33 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 31 May 2011 17:36:57 Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> The libdir for 64b systems (amd64) is lib64, as it was discussed on the
> mailing list.
That is the general case, not using pakcges, as FHS seem to be written that
way. Here we're talking about Debian packages and on debian native libs go to
/usr/lib.
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s9.1

But this is not causing the problems i have with building the packages!

> I downloaded the amd64 deb and the content is below, is it something
> wrong there? It is only /usr/lib64 as it was expected to be...
>
> On the other hand, you patch should be fine as well. But I just want to
> see where is something broken in provided debs at this time.
The provided debs do work ok.

The problem is with the provided pkg/debian/kamailio/*/rules files. The rules
file does not export the LIBDIR variable to the Makefile resulting in
different values within the rules file and within the Makefile breaking the
dups deletion. The rules file sets LIBDIR to /usr/lib while the Makefile has
installed the libs to /usr/lib64.

So, the main issue is that LIBDIR needs to be exported from the rules file to
the Makefile to guarantee both the rules file and the Makefile have the same
notion of where the libs are going. At least in my build environment, the
Makefile puts the libs in /usr/lib64 while the dups deletion works on /usr/lib
resulting in packages with overlapping files.

Additionally, IMHO, for Debian, LIBDIR=/usr/lib should be exported so the
packages have the modules in /usr/lib as does the rest of Debian.

--
Alex Hermann
SpeakUp BV