[SR-Users] Late parallel branch (without canceling previous pending branches)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue May 31 11:31:19 CEST 2011

2011/5/31 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> the best you have to code it in C, should not be that hard:
> - keep the transaction ID in some list
> - after a while, based on a timer process, lookup transaction
> - add a branch and forward it
>
> Or, if possible, fake somehow a negative reply and inject it from the
> network, then kamailio will trigger a failure route, the media server will
> still play.
>
> Or put another proxy before media server, use rtimer+mqueue to cancel a
> transaction after a while with:
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/tmx.html#id2784882
>
> Inside intermediary proxy, drop the cancels. It might work at the end :-)

Thanks a lot Daniel. Finally it seems that the late branch would
always arrive to a PSTN gateway under our control, so calling like a
"Sleep(10)" function in the gw before it relays the call to the
carriers would do the job in an easily way.

I hope this is finally the case. If not, let's code C :)

Cheers.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>