[SR-Users] [OT] IETF SIMPLE WG will destroy MSRP with the new draft-ietf-simple-msrp-sessmatch-11

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri May 27 11:41:25 CEST 2011

2011/5/27 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>> Just a comment: Realtime communications in HTTP is, today, a hack
>
> Don't make me give examples of services with web im/presence for tens and
> hundreds of millions of users, they worth billions, a reality today. How you
> call it, up to you.

Not all of us can replicate the infrastructure of Google. Google is
capable of serving a single IP and port for every person in the world
to connect it, and make it scalable.

There are hundres of web pages offering chat services within the web,
but just Gmail (and a few others) work decently. There is more that
just specifications and protocols in the Google warden ;)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>