[SR-Users] Green VoIP - energy efficiency and performaces of v3.0

Jeremya jeremy at electrosilk.net
Wed May 25 13:29:27 CEST 2011

Hello Henning,

My application is slightly different in that I have hundreds of nodes
each running an instance of Kamailio on embedded servers in a failure
tolerant configuration. This is in a risk-of-life application and each
node has large backup power supplies.

In reality kamailio takes milliwatts of the total load. What sucks power
at each node is the SIP devices, switches, and the CISCO routers foisted
on me by the client.
As an engineer (? I guess I am?) The boring stuff becomes important so
total power draw and life after power failure is very important. Without
the power hungry devices my kamailio systems can stay up for weeks after
power loss. With the SIP devices and routers I'm limited to hours of uptime.