[SR-Users] Service Execution Time

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 25 10:49:11 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 25 May 2011, Giuseppe Carella wrote:
> I'm using kamailio with the dispatcher module.
> I would like to know if there are some API to get an average of the service
> execution  time. In other words, I need to get the time between sending
> the request and receiving the response for every request, but also to have
> this values separate per server.
>
> I know also that this could be a little heavy for the dispatcher, but for
> some  test I need this information.

Hi Giuseppe,

have you already looked to the "benchmark" module? It can be used to create
arbitrary timers in the configuration file. If you need to have it per request
and response, you probably could just include the sending time in a special
message header in the sent out request. They are several pseudo-variables
available which contains timestamps in different formats.

If you want to benchmark the complete server, an external probe should be the
way to go. Just send test requests e.g. with sipp, it can also output the
response time.

Cheers,

Henning