[SR-Users] Wildcard TLS

Jon Farmer viperdudeuk at gmail.com
Tue May 24 22:25:11 CEST 2011

Hi

I am just wondering if it is possible to use a wildcard certificate with TLS.

I have hundreds of customers who are using subdomains of the main
domain name on a virtual PBX platform. i.e if the main domain is
example.org I have customers using

cust1.example.org
cust2.example.org
cust3.example.org

I want to start offering TLS on a per customer basis. However I don't
want to have to create a TLS certificate per customer if I don't need
to. So I need to know if I can create a *.example.org certificate and
use that for all customers who want TLS?

Is this possible?

Regards

Jon

--