[SR-Users] Kamailio 1.5 acc on glare BYE

Tobias Lindgren the_fx at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 17:32:15 CEST 2011

Daniel,

thanks, works perfectly! :)

Br,
/Tobias

Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:25:36 +0200
From: miconda at gmail.com
To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
CC: the_fx at hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] Kamailio 1.5 acc on glare BYE

    Hello,

    if you want to account non-2xx transaction, then set the flag for
    it:

    http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/acc.html#id2511998

    So for BYEs, you should set both flags, for accounting 2xx and
    non-2xx cases.

    On 5/18/11 11:32 AM, Tobias Lindgren wrote:

      Hi all!

      I have a short question with regards to how the acc module handles
      (or rather logs) BYEs.

      As I understand, a BYE followed by an 200 OK will be logged by
      Kamailio's acc module. This works perfectly fine in my set up.

      However, one of the carriers that I'm using sometimes respond with
      a "487 Request Terminated" to BYE messages, stating that "Glare
      Bye condition encountered". I'm not really sure why this occurs at
      my carriers', but whenever this happens, acc does not log the BYE
      message.

      To my question; what happens in the acc module if sip_code >
      200 is received? And, should these BYE's be logged, even though
      the code is 487?

      I'm on Kamailio 1.5 with acc logging to MySQL.

      Br,

      /Tobias

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com