[SR-Users] LCR strip and tags (prefix) - Kamailio 3.1

Alexandre Abreu alexandre.abreu at redt.com.br
Fri May 13 23:08:09 CEST 2011

Hi,

With this LCR release from  Kamailio 3.1 the table 'lcr_gw' makes four
fields unique:  lcr_id, ip_addr, port and hostname.

This table is also responsible for setting 'strip' and 'tag' parameters
values for the gateways.

What I am trying to accomplish is to use different strip and tag values for
the SAME gateway based only on what was dialed by the user.

In 1.5 LCR for example, if user dialed 444 or 555 and both prefix belongs to
the same gateway, I could use  gw-sip for 444 (with values strip 1 and
prefix 22) and also gw-sip for 555 (with values strip 2 and prefix 33).
While this duplicate data, it was possible to play with routes without
touching the config file.

I am looking for ideas on how to implement that on K3.1 without using ifs,
strip and prefix tied (statically) in the script file. As far as I know, for
every new lcr_id inserted, I will need a corresponding load_gws(new_lcr_id)
in the script.

Regards,

Alexandre.