[SR-Users] Dialog Module Question inbound/outbound count

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:54:37 CEST 2011

Hi All,

Been playing around with the dialog module to help me keep track of
SIP trunk utilization, trying to identify how many calls are active on
each SIP trunk.  My dialog count for inbound calls is 10 (correct) but
my outbound calls are always double that and I'm not sure why.  Here
is a snip of my config:

loadmodule "dialog.so"

        if($rU=~"^111") {
                dlg_manage();
                dlg_setflag("4");
                set_dlg_profile("inbound","trunk111");
                route(PDT);
                exit;
        }

PDT lookup for prefix then call is forwarded to dispatcher to route
out to carrier through 'route[relay]'

route[RELAY] {
        dlg_setflag("4");
        set_dlg_profile("outbound","$rd");

        if (!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();
                exit;
        }
        exit;
}

I setup 10 active calls and here are my results:

test-sip-router2:~# kamctl fifo profile_get_size inbound
profile::  name=inbound value= count=10

test-sip-router2:~# kamctl fifo profile_get_size outbound
profile::  name=outbound value= count=20

Also 'kamctl fifo dlg_list' will list only 10 active dialogs.

So my question is, why am I getting a 20 count for outbound and only
10 count for inbound?

Thanks.

JR
--