[SR-Users] INSTALL file

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:17:32 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 5/3/11 5:49 PM, Claudio Furrer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this still applicable?
might not be if there is not there. Maybe one of the SER flavour
maintainers can say more.

For the Kamailio flavour I know that the 'update database structure' was
not really updated, instead, we keep track on wiki page what has to be
adjusted for upgrade, for example:

http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:3.0.x-to-3.1.0

IMO, in this way the users are fully aware of what has be done, in many
cases, if they don't use the modules that had changes in the db tables
structure, they are safe and don't do anything.

Having the scripts would be nice, too. Just that we support many
database types, which are not always compatible in sql syntax. Some are
not even sql, e.g., bdb or dbtext.

> See INSTALL file (line 669)
>
> 3.1) create MySQL tables for SER flavour
>          - if you have a previously installed SER on your system, use
>          /usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh reinstall
>            to convert your SER database into new structures
>          - otherwise, if this is your very first installation, use
>          /usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh create
>            to create SER database structures
>     (you will be prompted for password of MySql "root" user)
>
> Because I did not found the *reinstall* option on sources..
>
> Thanks,
> Claudio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com