[SR-Users] SIP Trunk Usage Monitoring

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:43:09 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I recently interconnected to an upstream carrier using Kamailio 3.0,
working fine.  We have configure 2 SIP trunks for failover/redundnacy.
 I'm using dispatcher module to round robin calls to the carrier.  I
wanted to monitor trunk usage between us.  I was reading in the devel
3.2 about some native monitoring in the new dispatcher module without
the need to load the dialog module.

Can I use the new module in version 3.0 or will I need to upgrade the
core to 3.2?

I typically will not use dev software in production, so can anyone
suggest a light method of trunk usage monitoring for ver 3.0?  I'm not
opposed to using the dialog module, I'm just not familiar with it and
not sure the best way to integrate it for usage tracking.  I don't
need to do billing or capture cdr's on the SIP-Routers so the simpler
the better.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

JR