[SR-Users] LCR defunct_gw use

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Mar 31 15:38:38 CEST 2011

Ricardo Martinez writes:

> So please, can you clarify me one more thing?.
> This 408 response code is generated in the failure_route only?.... what if
> a gateway really answers a call with 408 because there was no answer from
> the client... this response is handled by the on_reply route , isn't?

before you call t_relay you set no-answer timeout to be a small value (a
few seconds) so that you are able to try the next gw as soon as
possible.  if your gw is alive, it will give you immediately a 1xx
response, which you process in on_reply route.  if you get 408 without
having seen 1xx, you can defunct the gw in failure route.

-- juha