[SR-Users] Outbound socket selection (HA implementation)

Thu Mar 31 10:31:42 CEST 2011

FYI, I have the following setup without any problems (at least no
problems on the server side, just buggy clients ;-)

2 Kamailio in active-active setup. Each Kamailio listens to the
"dedicated" IP address and the "virtual" IP by using ip_nonlocal_bind.
Virtual IP is managed by Pacemaker (I'm not using an OCF resource file
for kamailio, only the init-script).

Communication between Kamailio and back-end servers also uses the
virtual IP address.

Kamailio uses the dedicated IP as default IP (first "listen" directive).

mhomed=0

REGISTERs are replicated between the Kamailios. Is is the only part
where the proxies use their dedicated IP address (so I can easily detect
replicated REGISTERs). Therefore I call
force_send_socket(IPADDRESS_MYSELF:5060); before
forward("IPADDRESS_OTHERNODE");

regards
Klaus