[SR-Users] Outbound socket selection (HA implementation)

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:47:18 CEST 2011

Hi Marius,

> I can't really say that the route table will work. One way I used for
> testing is via Ping or netcat without any local parameters. The
> choosing of the local address and port is left to the kernel, the same
> as kamailio with mhomed, so if you can find a suitable routeing table
> where only the ucarp interfaces are selected then you are ok. Why
> don't you listen also on 192.168.1.99/192.168.2.99 ?

When kamailio transmits the messages it will substitute (by default) the
outbound interface ip address for its route/via headers. If I enable
kamailio to listen on all addresses then kamailio sends the messages
with source address of .99. I need the source address and routing
headers to contain the floating address (.100), this is also for NAT
traversal on the "public" address of the proxy.