[SR-Users] Outbound socket selection (HA implementation)

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Tue Mar 29 11:39:57 CEST 2011

On 03/29/2011 12:31 PM, Asgaroth wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to setup an active/passive proxy instance with kamailio
> 3.1.2. I'm using ucarp (www.ucarp.org) to provide the floating ip
> addresses. I have installed and configured ucarp and it appears to be
> working as expected.
>
> I have configured kamailio on both systems to be online all the time
> (using the net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind kernel parameter on the "standby"
> server). I have configured kamailio with the listen parameter to be
> listening on the floating ip addresses only.
>
> The problem now is that kamailio uses the inbound interface as the
> outbound socket for messages (I think this is the default, expected,
> behaviour).
>
> If I enable the "mhomed" parameter then I get the following error:
>
> ERROR:<core>  [forward.c:218]: ERROR: get_out_socket: no socket found
> ERROR:<core>  [forward.c:572]: forward_req: ERROR: cannot forward to af
> 2, proto 1 no corresponding listening socket ERROR: sl [sl_funcs.c:282]:
> ERROR: sl_reply_error used: I'm terribly sorry, server error occurred (7/SL)

Hello,

Some observations: mhomed only works for UDP, but I think it's enough
for your setup. Second, for it to select the outbound interface,
Kamailio must be started and listening on that interface (or the
interface the kernel selects to route traffic to the specific destination).

I would suggest to start Kamailio to listen on all available interfaces.

Marius