[SR-Users] Outbound socket selection (HA implementation)

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:31:40 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup an active/passive proxy instance with kamailio
3.1.2. I'm using ucarp (www.ucarp.org) to provide the floating ip
addresses. I have installed and configured ucarp and it appears to be
working as expected.

I have configured kamailio on both systems to be online all the time
(using the net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind kernel parameter on the "standby"
server). I have configured kamailio with the listen parameter to be
listening on the floating ip addresses only.

The problem now is that kamailio uses the inbound interface as the
outbound socket for messages (I think this is the default, expected,
behaviour).

If I enable the "mhomed" parameter then I get the following error:

ERROR: <core> [forward.c:218]: ERROR: get_out_socket: no socket found
ERROR: <core> [forward.c:572]: forward_req: ERROR: cannot forward to af
2, proto 1 no corresponding listening socket ERROR: sl [sl_funcs.c:282]:
ERROR: sl_reply_error used: I'm terribly sorry, server error occurred (7/SL)

I had a look around on the docuwiki and I found $fs. Would I need to
force the outbound socket for each message in this case, or do I have a
simple comfiguration issue?

Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks