[SR-Users] [sr-dev] Kamailio at Google Summer of Code 2011

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Mar 28 11:29:57 CEST 2011

2011/3/28 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> the proposal is to implement a signaling gateway between SIP and JINGLE to
> enable voice calls between the two networks

Let me a question: Why SIP people is interested in interoperate with
XMPP while the opposite is not true?
We have also tried to build IM/presence gateways between SIP and XMPP
(well, as SIMPLE just sucks it's arguable).

But, have XMPP people tryed to "integrate" SIP into XMPP? not at all,
they have developed their own spec for adding voice/video over XMPP. I
don't think they are interested in SIP at all.

As a teacher in my high school told me, protocol A cannot be
compatible with protocol B. If they are compatible, then they are the
*same* protocol. So "interoperability" between different protocols
just mean that a single protocol will remain alive. Which one?

Just wondering.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>