[SR-Users] binary name

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:06:40 CET 2011

Hello,

On 3/23/11 2:33 PM, Claudio Furrer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> ser and sip-router flavours are completely the same, just different names for
>> binaries and tools. Historically, being the initial project, ser stays the
>> default flavour
> I can't get different names for binaries and tools, ser flavour or
> sip-router flavour give me always "sbin/ser" "sbin/sercmd" etc...
>
>      $ make prefix=/ group_include="standard mysql" \
>             include_modules=avpops \
>             exclude_modules="rtpproxy nathelper ratelimit mediaproxy" \
>             mode=debug all
>
>      $ make prefix=/ BASEDIR=/tmp/sip-router install
>
> Also tried the same but adding FLAVOUR=ser or FLAVOUR=sip-router. Same
> results.
ok, I will try to look at it, maybe some other variables have to be set
there, I am using only the kamailio flavor.

The sercmd is always with this name, even for kamailio flavour, since it
is kind of separate application. What changes are the ctl tools, like
kamctl or serctl.

> Only by modifying the Makefile.defs, the flavour variable get a binary
> name different. Flavour=ser give me ser* names, flavour=sip-router or no
> one specified gives siprouter* names, then flavour=kamailio gives
> kam* names.
>
> I know it's a mess (with myself) but I have a concept misundertanding. I
> interpret sip-router project has 2 names, kamailio and ser, but not its
> own name (sip-router).
> Then it's a matter of packaging issue which i have.

Indeed, you are rigth, there are two application built out of the source
tree:
- ser
- kamailio

To be able to switch between them, 'sip-router' might be used as
placeholder in some case, but there is no sip-router application built
out of it, of course, unless you want it to be so. The flavour build
option is intended to make easy the creation of binaries and configs
with different names without changing anything inside the files. Since I
am using kamailio and that works fine, maybe ser/sip-router is a bit
mixed. I will have a look in the next days.

Thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla