[SR-Users] Authentication using a PSTN phone

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 08:57:50 CET 2011

Hello,

On 3/17/11 12:59 PM, Miguel Tadeu wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a service that requires a user to authenticate, in order to bill him at the end of the service. I also need real-
> time check of the balance during a call, in order to signal when the amount is too low to continue the call. Is this
> possible with SER?

If you use the dialog module from modules_k/dialog then you can set a
maximum call duration when the call starts. Then the dialog module will
end he call if the duration reaches the limit.

Regarding the authentication of phones, if I understood right, you want
the phone to be authenticated before placing a call. That's is possible,
you have to add to database a username and password then use auth and
auth_db modules.

> Thanx,
> Miguel Tadeu

Daniel-Constantin Mierla