[SR-Users] Kamailio - Asterisk CDR

Thu Mar 17 09:18:39 CET 2011

Lucas Alvarez wrote:
> Hi, I have an integration kamailio-asterisk. I have many calls that
> don't pass through asterisk, kamailio route that calls to other media
> gateways. I would like to log those calls in asterisk CDR, is that
> possible? Could someone give me any direction? Thanks in advance.

You have to use acc module to account the transactions. Afterwards you
have to correlate INVITE and BYE/CANCEL events to calls. This is not 00%
reliable (Kamailio is just a proxy, not a B2BUA). You can use dialog
module and a media relay to get more accurate accounting data. Anyway,
for reliable CDRs I prefer a B2BUA, thus routing every call through a
dedicated "Gateway-Asterisk" which does the accounting.

regards
klaus