[SR-Users] Installation Problem: stun feature is not compile in.

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Wed Mar 16 10:55:09 CET 2011

Hey Derrick,

On 15.03.2011 20:39, Derrick Ding wrote:
> I find there are several links that show installation or store directory
> of Kamailio. But this link works:
>
> http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/packages:debs
>
> However it’s not complete.
>
> The last step is: #apt-get install kamailio

Well, what does that command say?

> Now I have another question. I need support stun
>
> When I set stun_allow_stun=1
>
> It says: stun feature is not compile in. Does that mean I need compile
> src to get this function work?

Most presumably. If you prefer to have Debian/Ubuntu distribution
packages, you may opt to download the Debian source package, adjust the
debian/rules file, and re-build a STUN-supporting package.

I'm not sure though why STUN isn't built in by default; maybe someone
else more familiar with our Debian packages can answer that question.

Cheers,

--Timo