[SR-Users] problem with ser 0.9.6

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Mar 15 16:39:00 CET 2011

On Tuesday 15 March 2011, Sabatella, Michael wrote:
> I am a long time lurker but never posted.  I am running ser 0.9.6 for many
> years with no problems.  Just recently none of my users can register.
> Well – they register once then expire out.    I noticed that several ser
> processes are cpu- bound  consuming all available cycles.

Hi Michael,

i remember some similar issue from a few years ago, we also saw this every few
months on some really old openser (more or less similar to the ser version you
run). Have you tried to observe the process state e.g. with strace? If i
remember correctly, the processes then hang in sched_yield() or something like
this..

Honestly, instead of spending a lot of time in debugging this, I'd recommend
you to update to a newer version of sip-router/ kamailio, you'll get also a
lot of new features this way. :-)

Cheers,

Henning