[SR-Users] problem with ser 0.9.6

Sabatella, Michael Michael.Sabatella at ipc.com
Tue Mar 15 15:24:38 CET 2011

All,
I am a long time lurker but never posted.  I am running ser 0.9.6 for many years with no problems.  Just recently none of my users can register.  Well - they register once then expire out.    I noticed that several ser processes are cpu- bound  consuming all available cycles.

Once they drop register they can never reregister.

I restored the ser DB to an older one that was saved when the system was working properly.  Any ideas why the ser processes would be CPU bound?

Nothing has been changed on the ser proxy in years and the system has been super stable for 2 years.  Has anyone seen this behavior in the past?

This is from top:
 4466 root      25   0 39960 1948 1368 R 35.8  0.0   1:43.97 ser
 4477 root      25   0 39960 2028 1448 R 34.5  0.1   0:21.85 ser
 4471 root      25   0 39960 2040 1456 R 32.8  0.1   0:47.63 ser
 4475 root      25   0 39960 1940 1360 R 32.5  0.0   2:08.90 ser
 4470 root      25   0 39960 1916 1336 R 32.2  0.0   1:09.92 ser
 4480 root      25   0 39960 1828 1248 R 30.5  0.0   4:45.16 ser

Any ideas would be greatly apreciated.
Michael

See what's next from IPC
www.UnigyfromIPC.com<http://www.UnigyfromIPC.com>
[cid:unigy-logo-compr64b7.png]<http://www.unigyfromipc.com/>
Join the Conversation: LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3808474> * Twitter<http://twitter.com/IPC_Systems_Inc>

[cid:tree5326.png]Please consider the environment before printing this email.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail.E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. If you are not comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate with IPC. IPC reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.