[SR-Users] LCR Routes and memory allocations

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sun Mar 13 13:39:09 CET 2011

2011/3/13 Graham Wooden <graham at g-rock.net>:
> I have now approximately 400,000 routes defined in my LCR table and I would
> like to make sure that I have enough memory allocated for it.  I read
> somewhere (a non official Kamailio site) about PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE and
> SHM_MEM_SIZE needing to be altered to handle the increased routes.
>
> System is dedicated for the Kamailio 1.5.5 install and has 4GB of RAM.
> Thoughts to what I need to change these values (or anything else) to
> accommodate?

Hi Graham.

PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE means fixed private memory allocated for each
kamailio process. You can edit config.h and set a higher value (i.e.
16 MB):
  #define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 16*1024*1024

About SHM_MEM_SIZE that's shared memory for all the processes. It
value can be modified with the -m paramenter when running kamailio
command:
  kamailio -m 256

In case of LCR module with so many rules, indeed you need a high
shared memory value as rules are stored in shared memory.
And I also think that you need to increase private memory as well
since the database load task (gws and rules) is done using private
memory (hope I'm not wrong here).

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo