[SR-Users] ACK not sent and rr-enforced

Dominguez Jover, Ricardo djover at umh.es
Mon Mar 7 20:02:49 CET 2011

Hi everybody.

I am using Kamailio 3.1 and RTP proxy for internet calls. I'm using external test accounts to check if the calls are established and the media flow is ok.

When I use a sip2sip.info or  VoIP Talk accounts, then all is working fine between my internal and these external accounts.

But when I use a iptel.org account and this account calls to an internal account (registered with kamailio), then callee sends the 200 OK to the SIP proxy and the SIP proxy to iptel. IPtel.org proxy sends the ACK to my proxy with this lines at the end of the packet:

P-hint:  rr-enforced\r\n

P-hint:  rr-enforced\r\n

And my SIP proxy never resends the ACK to the callee, so the callee resends OK 200 periodically and after 32 seconds sends a BYE message and the call is finished.

I've been reading posts about missing ACKs but I can't find the answer to my problem, that it seems like "t_check_trans" doesn´t recognize the ACK as related to a transaction. But this is only with IPTEL accounts, my proxy SIP is working with other SIP providers, so I don't know if forcing relay of every ACK packet is a good idea.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricardo