[SR-Users] problem unreferencing dialog in dialog module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 23:06:21 CET 2011

Hello,

On 3/3/11 10:19 AM, Anton Roman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for your quick reply, my answer is inline.
>
> 2011/3/2 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com
> <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>>
>
>     Hello,
>
>     looks like related to the callbacks for dialog module. Are you
>
> we are using some features of dialog module such as ending dialogs
> after a timeout period, and we are using engage_mediaproxy() function,
> as well. It's an old configuration we had to put in production with no
>  time enough to test. Do you recommend not to use dialog module if not
> strictly required?

usage of dialog module was always safe and working great for me. But I
use it mostly alone, never with mediaproxy module, just with
pua_dialoginfo module in some cases. From the logs, the crash was
related to the callback system exported by dialog module for the other
modules willing to hook into dialog, it is why I asked about the other
modules to be sure there is at list one binding to dialog.

So, like with other modules, if there is a problem discovered there, it
is important that we fix it - this is a module used a lot by many.
Therefore usage is encouraged when needed :-)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com