[SR-Users] Segfault in Kamailio 1-3-4 to 1.5.5

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:47:32 CET 2011

On 3/1/11 10:02 AM, Andrew O. Zhukov wrote:
> On 03/01/2011 10:49 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>>

>> On 3/1/11 8:41 AM, Andrew O. Zhukov wrote:
>>> I someone interested in .
>>> It's the old coredumps from 1.3.4. It's really much stabile then 1.5.5
>>> I did degrade today night
>> version 1.3.x is openser only which became later kamailio, practically
>> is no other option for this version.
>>
>> Have you considered upgrading to latest stable (3.1.x) instead of
>> downgrade?
> Daniel,
> I sent you my config.
> How can I do it on a hi usage production server for a one night.
> The lot of fixes for a different buggy customers SIP and NAT devices
> which is impossible to retest again.

Sending the config is not enough, since I can not use it in my server, I
do not have your kind of traffic. The config is good when is some
misrouting or syntax error, but for this specific case the
investiagation of core and adding some patches to print more information
when the crash is happening is the way to solve.

I sent you some patches, that were not good enough because I had no 1.5
around and I was offline. More than that, I can count 3-4 more
developers that tried to help you on the public mailing list, even you
play with very old versions. As said, everyone tries to do it in
available time and its own conditions.

I would need access to the server to investigate the core dump myself --
you offered that but being traveling was not for me at that time. My
interest is to discover if it something that affects 3.x, although we
changed the internal architecture a lot, might be some cases existing in
1.x still applying in 3.x

What I don't understand is the complain regarding testing. When you did
the upgrade to 1.5 from 1.3, you had to do changes everywhere, there
were major versions. Same would be for a migration from 1.5 to 3.1. You
can even have them both installed, using shared database so you can
start/restart with older or newer versions. I did it many times and it
goes smooth, just few tables have changed the structure, for that case
you can use different databases.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com