[SR-Users] xcap server - http load–balancer: xcap authentication problem

laura testi lau.testi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 18:33:40 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I’m using two Kamailio Presence Servers that are also XCAP Servers for the
presence and resources management and the Kamailio Dispatcher in order to
balance the SIP requestes coming from SIP Client.

Then I’m trying to configure a HTTP  load–balancer for the xcap/http
traffic.

I’m testing both Apache and INginx HTTP proxy but I’m facing with a problem
related with the Xcap authentication:

when a client sends the first xcap request to the http load-balancer, it
forwards the request to one of the configured Xcap Server that replies with
the 401 response in order to let the client authenticates. So, the client
sends the second request with the Digest authentication to the http
load-balancer. But, sometimes, the http load-balancer forwards the
authenticate request to the second Xcap Server that is not able to
authenticate the request.  Then the client receive the “Unauthorized”
response…

Could you please give us some hints about this problem?

Thanks in advance,

laura