[SR-Users] an idea - the SIP browser - elsipo

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:17:59 CEST 2011

Hi Skyler,

On 6/23/11 10:16 PM, Skyler wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
>   Great idea and thank you for releasing a working example. IMO, on the
> surface this looks to me like another piece to the ultimate cross-platform
> SIP communications system (elsipo + Kamailio/SERx). This project is
> something I will definitely be looking at more to see how I can contribute.
thanks! This was the purpose - to get a communication system beyond
classic "cold" telephony interaction. And proved to be rather simple,
the whole UI for the example in GT right now is less that 400 lines (the
HTML+CSS+Javascript). Moreover, the UI can be changed very easy.

So far I haven't met a decent interaction between users and providers
(core network), while many things can be done straightforward with just
a click. Instead of using DTMF, with pin auth and so on, why not just a
click to:
- set DND on server and redirect to voicemail
- tell the server to email the last voice message
- block incoming call from specific numbers
- and the list can continue -- all from your SIP application so it is no
need to login via web or what so ever, the SIP server can handle such
requests safe (auth+tls) and very convenient in the config file, with
our language or lua/perl/python...

If C++ is not your area, tuning the HTML/CSS/Javascript to make the UI
more attractive can be a way to contribute.