[SR-Users] Security in proxy

Anto potxoka at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 23:05:55 CEST 2011

El 16/06/11 12:44, Henning Westerholt escribió:
> Hi Anto,
>
> having different systems is one solution, you could also just use internally
> in one server different traffic classes for the user sets you have.
> You should also look into the htable module for account/ password brute force
> detection. If you want to implement something w/r to the origination country
> of certain traffic, there is the geoip module which can provide you this
> informations, wich you could also combine with the modules already discussed.
> With regards to user accounts, one thing you probably want to look at is
> password security and fraud or misuse detection logic. Smart attackers will
> find ways around your proactive measures, and you need to respond actively,
> like blocking users after you detected something malicious.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Henning
Hi

There were planning to use the module htable and pike to prevent
attacks. The biggest question I have is: if I have an account and
simultaneously make a call would be nice, but I have another account to
send multiple simultaneous calls, the pike module might detect this as
"aggressive" and detect a false positive, if configured a level for the
first, nor is it viable proxy depending on several channels. Could be
allocated in usr_preference in number of channels, but you might not
know ... I can not think how.

Another option is to store a variable login attempts and block the
account X minutes. Thank you very much.

Regards
Anto