[SR-Users] Use of mtree module having multiple trees in the same table

Javier Gallart jgallartm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:54:00 CEST 2011

Hello

not sure what you want to accomplish, but in case it might help this is how
we use the mtree module.
Our 3 columns are: partition, prefix, route
Partition is just a name that defines a group, this is done inside the
script before calling mt_match (via a table lookup for instance). Let's say
if a call comes from ip x we assign it to partition 400; if it comes from ip
y we assign it to partition 401. Each partition is a different tree.
Consider these entries in the tree table:
400,123456,A
401,123456,A
401,1234567,B

Let's say both x and y send a call with $rU 1234567; mt_match will return A
for ip x, and B for ip y; we use that information for taking further routing
decisions. A common situation might be: x has a unique route for a whole
country while y has that entry but has more defined routes for more specific
area codes inside that country. The column route could also be for instance
the setid of a group of gw's for the dispatcher module, etc...

Regards

Javi