[SR-Users] NAPTR priorities doesn't seem to work properly

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Jun 15 16:18:41 CEST 2011

2011/6/15 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:
>> Unfortunately this wasn't possible with Kamailio <=1.5. Have you tried 3.x
>> with equal 'Order' but different 'Preference' or just with different 'Order'?
>
> Not yet, but I'll do it and comment here :)

Kamailio just takes one of the NAPTR records, even if the first fails
and there are more NAPTR records with same order (tested right now).
The file doc/dns-txt confirms it:

   dns_try_naptr = on | off - if on sip-router will first try a NAPTR lookup for
      destinations that don't have the protocol or port specified and
      are not simple ip addresses (as described in RFC 3263). This will
      introduce a slight performance penalty and will probably cause extra
      DNS lookups. For example a lookup for a non-existing domain will
      produce one extra query: NAPTR(domain), SRV(_sip._udp.domain)
      and A/AAAA(domain).
      If the result of a query contains several NAPTR records,
sip-router will select
      among them according to the RFC2915 and sip-router preference towards a
      specific protocol (see dns_udp_pref, dns_tcp_pref and dns_tls_pref
      below). For an RFC3263 compliant configuration (choose the remote side
      preferred protocol if supported), set dns_udp_pref, dns_tcp_pref and
      dns_tls_pref to the same value (>=0), e.g. 0.
      Default: off

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>